Pacifism

Preface 

In this blog, I am writing about Pacifism i.e. opposing wars, I will define pacifism from my understanding views, am I even calling myself a pacifist or I am not throwing that label on my shoulders?
I am also writing about my main objective of this blog, The wars in Somalia my beloved country, how we've been in wars for more than three decades, even the wars before 1991, and why wars changing their philosophies. 
The wars of Patriotism, the wars of tribalism, the wars of political ideologies, the wars of Religious fundamentalism, etc.
It seems though to cover all these in a small blog but I will try my best to conclude as best possible.
As always, I'm not a writer neither am I an author, I am completely writing just for fun, and I don't have other abilities to spread or share my opinions other than writing, If I could, I would, but I'd apologize to all professional writers across the globe, sorry for this crab, this is just a massage not writings.

Introduction

What is  Pacifism? 

Pacifism is the opposition or resistance to warmilitarism (including conscription and mandatory military service), or violence.
this is the Wikipedia definition of this word, the word doesn't have nothing priority to me, I even came across it recently but the definition holds meaning and gratitude to me.

Wars 

Since the dawn of human existence, from Cain and Abel, humans fought each other over various life aspects, our histories are full of conquest and conquer.
So these millenniums of humans of wars and distractions evolved in this day and age, the wars of emperors and kingdoms may disappear but the wars of tribalism, patriotism, and religious beliefs thrive from human endeavors to this day, most of these wars are based on emotion, and most others are based on survival.

Tribalism 

Tribalism wars were the most often based on survival, humans are tribalistic, and in every small tribe living in a small village or town that is how they can survive from predators and other tribes.
Although so many people have outgrown or civilized from tribalism due to the modern government system some communities still hold it, as a kind of prestige thing, some still govern, some others are fighting and hoping destruction of another tribe.
In Somalia we conflate all these things, we want to build a modern government system but we adhere to and adore tribalism to thrive in a government system, all politicians are elected by their clans to represent them in various parts of the government system, and we came up what I call semi-apartheid system of 4.5, all these things are huge topics I could talk on separate topics but in this blog, I am focusing on, only the wars throughout their differentially and why I’m against it.
The Somali clans fought with each other over centuries, and wars were recklessness, brutal, marvelous, and even genocidal and infanticidal, thousands of innocent people including women and children perished, words can not describe how horrible were these wars.
Unfortunately, these agitating fightings are still going on, and striving within each dawn to come, we don't have a solution to solve this disaster yet, there are various aspects that these clans fighting each other but if we made a system of government that is free from any clan based ideology and then make a resolution we can stop these wars, but it seems politicians are benefiting from these wars to skyrocket to make work the small agenda that they had.
The Somali blood has been poured since our existence, through various wars but the most deadly are the wars of tribalism, both parties are our own people slaughtering each other.

The patriotism wars

The Somali people fought in our neighboring countries for centuries, and the statue of the people who fought in those wars is standing in the center of our capital city, as well as the wars that liberated the country from white colonial powers and their malevolent behaviors.
The only war that I agree with, that the Somali people ever fought is the war that got rid of colonialism, the white colonists were brutal and malevolent maniacs, and I think the is no talk or discussion to have from some who passed miles from where is country located just to colonize people.
But I disagree with the wars that we fought against other neighboring ethnicities and nations, the several wars between Somalia and Ethiopia were unjustifiable to me, and the arbitrary borders were put by the White colonials, who wanted us to fight each other on useless lines that they put between us, but unfortunately, they outsmart us and we still looking how we annihilate each other. The history of wars between Somalis and other ethnicities residing in the Horn of Africa dates back to the 16th century, were a well-known Somali fighter Ahmed Gurey fought over the Habesha in the modern-day cities of Harar and Dire-Dawe.
I don't think we annihilate each other forever, just because we share a geographic land together doesn't make us enemies but it makes us neighbors who can live side by side through harmony and respect. I love my country Somalia, but I do not wish for the destruction of other neighboring countries or countries are the world.

The wars of religious fundamentalism

For nearly the past two decades Somalia has been suffering religious fundamentalists who committed terror acts throughout this time, the horror and trauma we get, are devastating, wars, suicide bombings, killings, you name it, it is a nightmare and heartbreaking that no human has to go through, I have lost so many friends and relatives, this terror affected everybody around me that I know, but unfortunately, these things are still going on, but we didn't find the best solution to solve and complete eradicate terrorism that has been skyrocketing in the past two decades.
I don't think we eradicate this through war but rather through dialogue and negotiation both parties are Somalis they can understand each other and agree on all the things they disagree with each other and end this devastating war that will cost more lives both parties and civilians who will become a human shield on the war, I want to be ended Somali blood to shed any more enough is enough, I will urge both parties to stop and negotiation first, I it seems impossible to reach this conclusion, the government is ready to talk but the other parties weren't still willing to do so.
I will call the Somali religious scholars to intermediate the parties and end this destruction.

Conclusion

Wars are horrific, horror, brutal, etc, I have no words to describe the destruction that they will cause, it is inhumane to fight a people, and it is actually the dumbest thing to do when you fight against your own people.
All Somalis are tired of these endless wars and we are all longing a peace and prosperity for us and generations to come, we can do it, and we will, no more killings between us, you never going to take martyrdom on your own people or become a patriot of killing other people, we must think and end this, we must shut voices of foreign influence who whispering in our ears, we are one, we share everything, language, culture, and religion, we must stop misinterpretation of religion, yes we can. “In war, whichever side may call itself a victor, there are no winners but all are losers” Neville Chamberlain former UK prime minister.
I am concluding that I’m not a pacifist entirely but I’m against the war at all costs, I’m not taking any labels everybody has entitled to their views, I know so many people are pro-war and believe only we could defeat or justifiable on the topics that I mentioned above, but if I conclude opposite to that it doesn’t make me who I wasn’t, and finally I hope a stroke of very good luck and victorious to my Somali people, “if there is life there is a hope” Stephan hawking. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why I am no longer pursuing a degree?

Continue

How school killed a lot of people’s potential